By Peter Penchev – Petitioner,
Deputy Chairman of the National Movement “Ecoglasnost” and Member of the Public Board of the Anna Politkovskaya Free Speech Association – winner of the International Award for Human Rights „Golden Dove“, Bulgaria
Against: Closing of Petition № 0784/2019 – European Commission and MEPs unaware of missing and compromised hydrogeological data for „Radiana”. European Commission trusts its experts and ignores Opinion of the Bulgarian Ministry of Health
Dear Madam Chair,
Please leave the Petition № 0784/2019 open due to the following facts and circumstances:
- I have submitted new documents that neither the Bulgarian court nor the European Commission commented on because they were created in 2019.
- Although I had sent 5 documents to the Secretariat, they were not commented on by either the European Commission or the Bulgarian MEPs.
- Joining our Petition with another item on agenda item 12 was annoying manipulation and it is not surprising that MEPs commented on the other Petition because they did not see the 5 documents I presented.
- The NEW working project of 09.12.2019 is imposed due to inconsistencies with the actual characteristics of the terrain, to the previous project with unreal geological data, when the planned 88 drilling on the terrain on the site itself was not carried out.
Thus, for 2 and a half years, a wrong project with unrealistic geological data is being worked on, which requires a mandatory new EIA report for the repository, which we expect to be initiated by the Ministry of Environment of Bulgaria.
- European Commission trusts its experts and ignores Opinion of the Bulgarian Ministry of Health. In the first EIA rejected by the Court, the Ministry of Health expressed an opinion on the replacement of surface-type with deep burial storage tips the presence in the radionuclide disposal facility of long-lived radionuclides, which was a strong reason for the Court to reject the proposed EIA. In the second EIA everything was copy-paste, but the Court did not notice this fact.
Please provide the attached unknown documents in 2019, with a brief explanation in the form of a comment in each file – to the European Commission and the MEPs.
Please leave the Petition open and instruct the European Commission to examine the attached documents revealing material inconsistencies with the inadequate hydrogeological data, they hid the truth by the Bulgarian court, which necessitated the rejection of the current Construction Work Project, which carried out construction work for two and a half years, developing a brand NEW WORKING PROJECT on 09.12.2019 (unfortunately due to poor quality projects, on 16.12.2019 two workers were killed at the Radiana site and two others were seriously injured),
calls for a new Environmental Impact Assessment to be drawn up, because of the compromise and inadequacy of the current EIA.
Engineer-mathematician Peter Penchev
Deputy Chairman of the National Movement “Ecoglasnost” and
Member of the Public Board of the Anna Politkovskaya Free Speech Association –
winner of the International Award for Human Rights „Golden Dove“