By Dr. George Chaldakov*
1. He who learns, he will succeed. (Bulgarian proverb)
2. Forward! Science is a sun / which lightens our souls!** – not only on May 24, the National Day of Cyrillic alphabet and Culture, but continuously throughout life (CME – Continuing Medical Education; LEE – Live Educational Events; LLP – Laboratory, Library, Pub; also Lifelong Learning Program).
3. Knowledge and way of thinking, not information and reproduction, are the main goal of education (see above the picture entitled Stream of Associations).
4. Learning without thinking is useless. Thinking without learning is dangerous. (Confucius)
5. Imagination is more important than knowledge because knowledge is limited. (Albert Einstein)
6. Follow your parents’ advice: WHAT DID I ARRIVE HERE FOR? – To study first, then rejoice – the reverse order is meaningless.
7. Healthy lifestyle and good education can ensure your quality of life (QoL).
8. Human cognitive potential is symbiosis of thoughts and emotions.
9. Develop moral reflexes – mutual respect and love for each other, create and enjoy brain-and-heart friendship (BHF).
10. Have the courage to cross at least once at a red light on the road of science to make your own green path on it.
* MD, PhD, DHC, FIACS, Professor of Cell Biology
** From Stoyan Mihaylovski’s poem, a traditional song of all Bulgarian schools.