Асоциацията на българските професионалисти (Association of Bulgarian Professionals) представя стипендиантска програма “ОТ БЪЛГАРИ ЗА БЪЛГАРИ”, за насърчаване развитието на младото българско общество. Програмата стартира за първи път тази година. Условията за кандидатстване са описани по-долу. За въпроси, моля пишете на имейла на Асоциацията – [email protected]. Желаем успех на всички желаещи!
The Association of Bulgarian Professionals (ABP) is proud to present our first scholarship program, recognizing that a good education is vital to being successful in life. ABP is excited to offer three (3) scholarships of $1000.00 dollars each, for the 2021-2022 academic year.
1. Submission Requirements:
Scholarships will be awarded based on a thorough, objective evaluation of the applicant who is currently a graduating high school senior or is a current college student. Criteria that will be considered are the applicant’s prior academic performance and demonstrated community involvement. The applicant shall submit a written or video essay.
Essay or Video Topic: Why is higher education important to you and how do you envision contributing to the local Bulgarian community after graduation?
– Written essays shall be no more than 1,000 words in length.
– Video submissions shall be no longer than 5 minutes in length, with a minimum 1080p resolution, and submitted via a viewable link or USB media. A video submission can be created as an ad, documentary, informational presentation, or any other creative manner that showcases the applicant’s qualities and personality.
– Applicant’s most recent school transcript, including GPA, current school information, and classes enrolled in.
– Applicants should also submit recent achievements, accomplishments, awards, and extracurricular participation that the applicant feels demonstrate the applicant’s dedication to education and personal development.
– The name and address of the educational institution where the applicant will attend school in the fall, along with a copy of an acceptance letter from that institution.
Please submit your essay or video no later than July 31st 2021 to the email below:
2. Scholarship Rules:
– A graduating high school senior at the time of application and entering his/her freshman year at an accredited college, university or tech/trade school on a full-time basis for the entire 2021/2022 academic year.
– A current college student at the time of application and entering his/her succeeding year at an accredited college, university, or tech/trade school on a full-time basis for the entire 2021/2022 academic year.
– Applicant must be of Bulgarian descent, which shall be defined as having at least one parent who is a citizen of Bulgaria. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. resident alien, or lawfully in the United States on a student visa.
– Applicant must not be on any “Specifically Designated Nationals” watch list or other such lists, as compiled and amended by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
– Scholarship recipients will be required to complete 10 hours of community service work at a not-for-profit organization of their choice, including the Association of Bulgarian Professionals.
– By submitting an application, Applicant irrevocably agrees that all decisions and awards by the Scholarship Committee are final. ABP will not consider any appeals for any reason. If the number of eligible applicants is insufficient, as determined at the sole discretion of ABP, all scholarship awards may not be offered.
– If selected for a scholarship, the applicant agrees and grants the exclusive right to ABP to use the applicant’s likeness, name, experience, and status in ABP communications, media, and other published materials. All submitted essays, videos, and photographs will become the property of ABP.
– ABP employees, board members, and executive committee members inclusive of their direct families are not eligible for this scholarship program.
– ABP reserves the exclusive right to change scholarship rules, dates, and criteria without advanced notice.
– Applicants that are awarded a scholarship by ABP, must present to ABP proof of enrolment for the upcoming academic semester in their selected college, university or tech/trade school.
– Upon confirmation of enrollment, ABP will submit the funds directly to the applicant’s educational institution, towards their tuition, in the applicant’s name.
For more information: